guix-devel

Re: performance issue with TeX Live

From: Emmanuel Beffara
Subject: Re: performance issue with TeX Live
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:16:40 +0200

De Maxim Cournoyer le 16/10/2023 à 15:46:
> My next question would be; how is this ls-R file produced in Guix?

That I do not know, but I would assume mktexlsr is called at some point when
building the profile.

> Does it matches the expectations of upstream for producing such file?

I don't know about those expectations, but after a quick look at the file in
Guix and in Debian, they look really similar. The only noticable difference is
that in Debian's file, the entries are sorted alphabetically in each folder
and the subfolders are browsed in alphabetical order.

--
Emmanuel