guix-devel

Re: Patch Review Flow

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Patch Review Flow
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:38:51 +0200

On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 12:32:35PM +0000, jgart wrote:
> Hi Efraim,
>
> Thanks for sharing your approach as well. IIRC, a user can't interactively
> cherry-pick a range with tig. If you find a way please do share ;()

It looks like 'C' (that's a 'big c') over a commit will offer to
cherry-pick the commit.  Alternatively, if you're still looking at the
branches then 'C' will offer to checkout that branch.

Tig asks for an explicit y or n, so pressing enter for the prompt won't
do anything.

I should probably look at the different options tig has. I've had it
installed forever but only ever used it for viewing commits and
branches.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא