guix-devel

Re: Ext4 corruption in some stable kernels

From: Hilton Chain
Subject: Re: Ext4 corruption in some stable kernels
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 13:35:30 +0800

Hi Felix (and Leo, Cc-ed)

On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:00:47 +0800,
Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's possible Guix never shipped the affected "stable" kernels, but a brief
> pointer seemed appropriate. For details, please see here. [1]
>
> Kind regards
> Felix
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20231205122122.dfhhoaswsfscuhc3@quack3/

From the linked thread and report in Debian[1], 6.1.64 (and maybe 5.10.202 +
5.15.140) are affected.  Unfortunately we have shipped them for about 1 week.

Leo has sent #67724 yesterday to update kernels, maybe we can merge updates for
these three versions quicker?

Thanks
---
[1]: https://micronews.debian.org/2023/1702150551.html