guix-devel

Re: [OT: s/Joshua/Josiah/ in sig ; -] Re: [shepherd] several patches th

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [OT: s/Joshua/Josiah/ in sig ; -] Re: [shepherd] several patches that i deem ready
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 21:50:30 +0000

> > “But if you wish to remain slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own
> > slavery, let them create money.”
> > — Joshua Stamp
>
> ^^^^^^
> Josiah
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josiah_Stamp,_1st_Baron_Stamp
>
> Hi attila (and others who, like me, may enjoy the quotations
> at the bottom of your posts :)

your report is much appreciated, and thanks for your kind words, too! it's good
to know that someone not only enjoys them, but that it has initiated further
research.

it reminds me of how it all started:

years ago i found myself, that on a mailing list i was only reading the end of
mail quotes from a great hacker (http://fare.tunes.org), from whom i have
learned a lot on a wide range of topics. and then it struck me: i should have
this too! (be the change you want to see in the world, and whatnot... :)

in that spirit, my scripts and my collection is available below (it often has
quotes and references in comments, and it's grouped by topics):

https://codeberg.org/attila.lendvai/dotfiles

> Should such misspellings be reported somewhere as a bug?

an email like this is perfect. you may consider keeping it off-list though, to
respect the topic of the list.

thanks again and happy hacking,

--
• attila lendvai