guix-devel

Re: Golang check phase skipping some tests?

From: Troy Figiel
Subject: Re: Golang check phase skipping some tests?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:07:05 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Small update to give you some numbers. Looking through gnu/packages/ I
found a total of 593 packages using the go-build-system. With guix
refresh -l, I find 1449 dependent packages. I am currently at commit
bed3a0b547a59f63b545db165e76ddd9af8bba1a. Take this as a rough estimate,
since I searched back for "define-public" for every occurrence of
"build-system go-build-system".

Without the proposed change in the check phase only a single package
fails to build for me (chezmoi, using x86_64-linux). With the change
this number goes up to 214.

Quite a few failures can be solved by adding missing inputs, but there
is still a fair amount of failures that is harder to solve (cyclic
dependencies, unclear test failures).

All in all, as to be expected I would say. A go-team branch as mentioned
in the other email chain, would be very helpful. In the meantime I will
see how far I get solving some of the build failures locally and sending
those patches to guix-patches.

Best wishes,

Troy