guix-devel

Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion

From: Steve George
Subject: Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:50:36 +0000

Hi Hartmut,

Apologies, my reply-to went a bit mad and I sent you empty emails :-(

You said:

> The current mail-based workflow is too complicated for new and
> occasional committers. This is the main reason I gave up reviewing patches.

In the case of *reviewing patches* can you give some examples of:

1. Some patches from others you reviewed?
2. The steps you went through to undertake that review?

If for example, you started to review a simple update to a package how do you
aproach it?

It would be great to hear directly from someone doing 'reviewing' on the
specifics. Apologies, if this is going over old ground.

Thanks,

Steve