guix-devel

Re: Proposal to turn off AOT in clojure-build-system

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Proposal to turn off AOT in clojure-build-system
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:33:26 +0100

Am Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 03:57:41PM +0100 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> Yes. It appears you are unfamiliar with (...)
> It also appears you are unfamiliar with (...)

May I suggest to not make assumptions about what other people are familiar
with or not? There is no point in claiming that others are less knowledge-
able than you; they may know as much or even more than you, and still come
to different conclusions. (And even if people were unfamiliar with
something, I would object to this haughty tone and suggest a more pleasant
way of making suggestions.)

For instance concerning the topic at hand, knowing that users may transform
packages as they wish to me seems to be independent of which default choice
we should make for the distribution.

Andreas