guix-devel

Re: Should we include nss-certs out of the box?

From: Ryan Prior
Subject: Re: Should we include nss-certs out of the box?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 19:21:33 +0000

On Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 at 1:06 PM, Maxim Cournoyer
<maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone opposed to having nss-certs in %base-packages?

I applaud that plan. Not only that, I think that Guix should warn if you don't
have nss-certs in your profile on a foreign distro (with a mechanism to
suppress that, ofc)

Lacking the nss-certs package causes all manner of trouble and is a stumbling
block to adoption. It's practically a dependency; the ability to operate
without it is kind of a party trick.

Ryan