guix-europe

General assembly

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: General assembly
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:42:13 +0200

Hello all,

hopefully all of you and your loved ones are getting well through this
difficult time of pandemics!

Updating the accounting and minutes files of our Guix Europe association
(as a reminder, these are all publicly available at
   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/ ),
I am realising that we have not organised a General Assembly for over two
years now. This is not a problem in the sense that there has been activity,
we have participated to the organisation of the Guix Days 2018, 2019 and 2020
in Brussels just before FOSDEM, and we have used our funds to reimburse
hosting fees, domain name registrations, stickers and so on. But it is bad
for at least two reasons:
- As an association according to French law, we are legally obliged to have
  one at least once a year, to make sure that the members can take part in
  running the show.
- And we have not "updated" our Solidary Adminstrative Council (SAC), which
  takes all day to day decisions. It is elected by the General Assembly, and
  when we wrote our bylaws, the goal was that all members who wished so could
  take part.
- There is one more special role, the Board, composed of the Presidency and
  the Treasury. But this is mainly so that the French administration has
  the two names and addresses they require, instead of sending them the
  details of the full SAC. It would be healthy if these functions rotate.

The date of the General Assembly is supposed to be fixed at least two weeks
in advance. So what do you think of some time during the weekend of either
June 20/21 or June 27/28?

We should find an electronic "venue", but since we are all now used to
videoconferences, this should not be too much of a problem.

It would also be good if volunteers for the functions of Presidency
(currently held by Manolis Ragkousis) and Treasury (currently held by me;
I would be more than happy to pass it on to someone else, while staying
around for technical help) could speak up, as well as everyone who would
like to be part of the SAC.

All the best,

Andreas