guix-europe

Re: General assembly

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: General assembly
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 19:17:03 +0200

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 11:58:15AM +0200, zimoun wrote:
> Please find attach a "Fix typo" patch, only for the French version.

Thanks a lot! I think technically we have to vote when we change our
bylaws, so I was a bit hesitant, but then we can have a simple vote
at our General Assembly.

> I propose to add an updated file containing the names of the current
> SAC member; for the ones who want that their name appears, obviously.

Good point; we already ask people if they are okay with their name
appearing on public communication, so we could use this information.
Probably we also should have a website, or at least a subpage on the Guix
website.

> > It would also be good if volunteers for the functions of Presidency
> > (currently held by Manolis Ragkousis) and Treasury (currently held by me;
> > I would be more than happy to pass it on to someone else, while staying
> > around for technical help) could speak up, as well as everyone who would
> > like to be part of the SAC.
> Could you quickly explain what is the job?  Basically how many times
> do you spend on these tasks?

Difficult to estimate. It mainly consists in polling the SAC on questions,
such as "do we continue to pay for a domain?" or "do we reimburse X for
stickers?" and this kind of thing. And as Treasury, update the accounting
file and make wire transfers for the actual reimbursement; and deal with the
FSF since we advance some money for hosting that will then be reimbursed by
our funds held at the FSF. It is not that much work, but always a little
amount of stress since I am always a bit afraid that the real situation does
not correspond to my files :-)  But so far it has always ended up being
correct.

Organising the Guix Days has been part of our activity, but this does not
have to be done by either of the official functions.

> Last, I propose to state in "Réglement Intérieur" that the mailing
> guix-europe is used to convoke GA.  And that the SAC reports on
> guix-europe when they meet.

For the first point, I think it is not necessary to state how a GA is
convoked. Any means are good, and in practice that means e-mail. For the
second point, the minutes of the SAC are always pushed to the maintenance
git repo. Notice that we never actually "meet", so far everything is dealt
with asynchronously by email.

Andreas