guix-europe

Re: Booth at FOSDEM (Brussels), 4-5 Feb 2023?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Booth at FOSDEM (Brussels), 4-5 Feb 2023?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 15:09:07 +0200

Hello!

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> As the winter, FOSDEM 2023 is coming…
>
>     https://fosdem.org/2023
>

> Three questions:
>
>  1. do we run for a booth?
>  2. who is in?
>  3. who is volunteer to make that happens?

Having a booth can be a way to have informal conversations with folks
who are curious about Guix or haven’t heard about it before.

IIRC, Julien was responsible for a booth at FOSDEM for Linux From
Scratch some years ago, so maybe they can share their experience?

For this to be viable, I suppose there needs to be about at the very
least 4 people (that’d still be half a day each!).  However,
pre-pandemic, there would usually be somewhere between 20 and 40 Guix
people joining, so I’m sure 10 of us or so could take care of the booth
for a couple of hours.

Thanks,
Ludo’.