gurlchecker-users

[gurlchecker-users] Re: [gurlchecker-devel] [libxml2] how to solve gURLC

From: Emmanuel Saracco
Subject: [gurlchecker-users] Re: [gurlchecker-devel] [libxml2] how to solve gURLChecker 0.7.6 compilation problem
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:14:10 +0100

Le dim 18/01/2004 à 15:25, Dag Wieers a écrit :

hi,

[...]

> I can't force users to go to libxml 2.6 because gurlchecker needs it.
> Unless there's a guarantee that it is completely compatible with
> packages that link to older 2.5 shared libraries. Is the libname identical
> in libxml 2.5 and libxml 2.6 ?

so, just try to comment ligne 74 ("htmlCtxtUseOptions (ctxt,
HTML_PARSE_NOWARNING | HTML_PARSE_NOERROR)") of the "src/html_parser.c"
file, and if it works like that, package it like that. redhat/fedora
users will just have some more libxml2 warnings output.

and if you don't want to package this unstable 0.7.6 release, just
package the stable 0.6.4 release and wait for libxml2 redhat updates to
continue packaging gURLChecker unstable branch... :-)

bye,

--
Emmanuel Saracco - address@hidden
jabber: address@hidden