gwl-devel

Re: [gwl-devel] Next steps for the GWL

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [gwl-devel] Next steps for the GWL
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 13:07:08 +0200

Hi,

(+ Pjotr because I am sure he has an interesting opinion but not sure
he closely reads this list ;-)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 at 18:18, Ricardo Wurmus
<address@hidden> wrote:

> >  - what about a bridge with CWL?
>
> I’m open to this idea, but it would need to be well-defined.  What does
> it really mean?  Generating CWL files from GWL workflows?  That really
> shouldn’t be too hard.  Anything else, however, is hard for me to
> imagine.

Well, I point out previous threads about this topic:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-01/msg00428.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gwl-devel/2019-02/msg00019.html

1-
Generating CWL from GWL should be nice. It should ease the use of
already in-place platform and tools  (AWS, etc.)

2-
Use CWL as a process. A lot of work have been done by Pjotr and
reported here [1]

[1]
https://guix-hpc.bordeaux.inria.fr/blog/2019/01/creating-a-reproducible-workflow-with-cwl/

All the best,