gzz-dev

More (was: [Gzz] 30th-31th (Benja))

From: B. Fallenstein
Subject: More (was: [Gzz] 30th-31th (Benja))
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:12:57 +0200

Besides what I've said in my other mail, slow days. I've found on how to turn
anti-aliasing on in KDE (after some searching and confuzzling HOWTOs and
READMEs, I found a checkbox in kcontrol... ahem) and in GTK, and how not to
turn it on in OpenOffice (there is a checkbox too, and it's on by default,
but it doesn't make a difference). Maybe not a big step for Gzz in itself,
but I'm taking steps to feeling more comfortable in this environment, which
I guess can only be of benefit ;-) ;-)

(Any ideas how to make anti-aliasing work in Java, btw? I find Gzz far less
usable w/o it...)

Today, I tried to lay the foundations for a kioslave using mediaserver (to
load from and save to mediaserver pointers). Did get myself tripped up
somewhere, though (I get compiler errrors I don't understand...).
Unfortunate-- this would be a cute proof-of-concept (and it ***should*** be
easy).

Thought about vobs. It's all very difficult.

-b.