gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] GL antialiasing?

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] GL antialiasing?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:42:22 +0300

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 08:37:53PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

> With OpenGL on Linux, do we get antialiased text? Can we?
>
> This is something very important to me, and I can't find anything on how
> to do it with AWT (on Linux).

With AWT, you can't. With OpenGL, you get it automatically: the texture
minification is set to trilinear interpolation, which antialiases automatically.
And looks good.

It's not quite as good on a laptop as freetype's RGB-antialiased fonts where
you use subpixel placement, but it's still very good.

        Tuomas