gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz ./TODO gfx/librenderables/renderables.py

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz ./TODO gfx/librenderables/renderables.py gz...
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:26:07 +0300

> >PaperQuad in GZZGL now has a scale parameter.
>
> I was refering to, "We need to think about scales at some point"--

Ah, yes. The basic thing is: we can draw things at different sizes
and we can look at things at different sizes. Somewhere there needs
to be a suitable "calibration point" for everything.

> don't know what PaperQuad is, and I don't know what it means that it has
> a scale parameter now (ok, you could also have answered *that* ;) )

PaperQuad is a rectangle filled with a paper texture from PaperLib.
It uses two coordinate systems: one for the edges of the rectangle
and the other for the coordinate system of the paper. The scale parameter
simply multiplies the size of the paper coordinate system by a factor,
so the paper doesn't get rendered from too far away.

        Tuomas