gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] tests' filenames

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] tests' filenames
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:25:41 +0300

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 10:14:02AM +0300, Vesa Kaihlavirta wrote:
> I see our new tests can now be found with
>
> # find test/gzz -name *.test
>
> ...but the tests are all python-scripts. I propose that we
> name future tests (CVS hates renames, as we all know) as *.test.py --

Looks pretty ugly to me. They're not really python scripts, they are
tests.

> this will help syntax-highlighting editors

For instance, in vim I get the correct highlighting by
adding a line

        # vim: set syntax=python :

in the end. There is a corresponding mechanism for Emacs, I believe.
Are you using an editor that can't do this?

> and, of course, our
> test developers.

How would that help our test developers?

        Tuomas