gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/gl irreg0.png irreg1.png

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/gl irreg0.png irreg1.png
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:23:25 +0300

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:07:23PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> >>I don't really understand: The problem I was refering to is that you
> >>need to draw the border around the *intersection* of two irregular
> >>shapes-- how do you do that? Does the algorithm above solve that? If so,
> >>how? If not, what *does* it solve? ;-)
> >>

> >I'm sorry, why do I need to draw a border around the intersection of two
> >irregular shapes? We're talking about different things again, probably.
> >

> That's what your images show? (Those whose commit msg I replied to.)

Ahh, I've drawn it too unclearly. The large shapes are in fact rectangles,
the unit rectangles of the coordinate systems. The point was to show
that cs1 defines the visible area and cs2 defines the area of the "paper"
this piece is cut away from.

As you see, if cs2 is inside cs1, there's no irregular border, and in
the converse case, the whole border is irregular. If they partially
intersect, part of the border is irregular.

This part of the irregularity is supposed to be handled by the code
that draws the irregular stencil shape using textures.

        Tuomas