gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 28th (Benja)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 28th (Benja)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:46:41 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

- Make (0,0) the upper left corner in all coordsys.
- Always pass w and h everywhere where it's needed explicitly, even down to the level of vobs.

No, since we want w and h to be interpolated.

Ok, right. How about we pass w and h through all the views (whereever needed), creating a second coordsys down at the cell view level; this second coordsys would be the transformation (1,1) -> (w,h)? (I'm not terribly excited by coordsys=transformation, but I do think this would make things saner.)

I.e., the cell view would get a coordsys, w and h, and it would create a new coordsys:

int width_height_coordsys = scene.coords.coordsys(0, 0, 0, 0, w, h);
scene.matcher.addSub(into, width_height_coordsys, A_KEY);

That's trickery and bit uglish (because we use different parents in the matcher and the coorder) but ok for now, I think.

That means that all vobs need to be changed not to assume implicit w and h through their coordsys, but I think that's ok. It would make things a little less convenient for symmetrical things like rectangular backgrounds, but not terribly-- 0/0.5/1 instead of -1/0/1 is not so terribly hard to understand and compute. But it would make A LOT of things much more sane.

Does that sound ok?

This we can certainly do. Now or alpha4?

Now, I think. Things have gotten so terribly complicated that I think we need some simplification to be sure things are relatively bug-free and extensible enough for alpha3.

- Benja