gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: On view_split--tjl

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: On view_split--tjl
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:32:03 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 08:27:11PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
So either we should change the above to 'gzz.view.util', or make 'gzz.vob.util' into 'gzz.vob.impl' and 'gzz.vob.impl' into something else, or we should come up with something else entirely ;-)

Cellviews are not really IMO utils.

Hm... yes. Vobs can be seen as utils in the sense that you use a bunch of them to implement a view, or if you don't want that, you can make your own (vobs)... they're not infrastructure. The same doesn't apply to views. But somehow, I feel that 'impl' suggests 'implementation of infrastructure interfaces' (like VobScene)... somewhat in the sense of, "one default implementation for each interface," which is something that doesn't make sense with views...

Dunno. Ok, for the moment I don't have an alternative to your proposed naming structure, so let's do that if nobody comes up with something better.

(Hmmm... maybe gzz.vob.vobs and gzz.view.views after all? At least this would be consistent and understandable...)

Also, we need an own package for the bindings stuff. 'gzz.actions' or 'gzz.bindings' or 'gzz.client.actions' or 'gzz.client.bindings'?

Tough call.

Yep... Hm, I think I'd prefer 'gzz.client.bindings' for now, and then later separate this into:

gzz.client.bindings
The objects that bind keys/events to actions
gzz.actions
The actions themselves (can also be invoked through menus)

- Benja