gzz-dev

[Gzz] PDAs and Personal Java 1.1

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] PDAs and Personal Java 1.1
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:16:14 +0200 (EET)

Because our iPAQ had problems with it's batteries and it has limited
memory (jvk remembered that iPAQ could run GZZ only through network file
system, is that true?) I turned to Cassiopeia.

You have propably already tried it to boot to some MIPS Linux installed
on compact flash? What problems?

Anyway, I was quite dissapointed to see that the only reasonable way to
transfer data between linux desktop and Windows CE Pocket PC seemed to be
CF card.

I finally got Personal java 1.1 installed to  Cassiopeia's Windows CE, but
I couldn't get any either my own Java Applications or GZZ 0.6 running. I
always got a "Cannot find class" error. Well, my own applications might
have been compiled using too new JDK, but the original GZZ 0.6 JAR is
probably compiled with Caffe? So, with GZZ I ended up to get error:
"Cannot find class 'Code rewrite lock'".

I should still try to compiled GZZ with Sun's JDK1.1. Then try
some MIPS Linux on CF (any suggestions? Linux-VR? Debian?-).

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/