gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG: choosing Gzz logo colors. Please comment

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG: choosing Gzz logo colors. Please comment
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:22:10 +0200

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:09:27PM +0200, Alatalo Toni wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> > I have one trivial LEGO controller already working at home,
> > so we're off ;) Now need to decide what color pieces to order
>
> having been interested in rec.toys.lego , this really caught my eye ;o
>
> >   not like you're going to glue LEGO bricks onto your laptops,
> >     RESOLVED: Yes, it is! That way, the controllers can easiest
> >     be connected to the laptops for use also while traveling
> >     or giving presentations. The weight of the laptop is
>
> all that's cool, but how on earth do these work?

Very simple: Open a mechanical mouse. Inside you'll find two or
more *light ports*, and slotted disks that move in them.
Take out the PCB and make new disks from cardboard or plastic,
so that they can be fitted to technic axles, and build a housing
which places the axles at the right places.

Voila! You have an infinitely customizable LEGO controller.

        Tuomas