gzz-dev

[Gzz] Fillrate problem (mudyc: read)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Fillrate problem (mudyc: read)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:43:38 +0200

Ouch... it seems that the problem is really bizarre and has to do
with texture loading somehow.

I noticed that if I at first disable the buoys completely (by
iffing out the xuindexer.add() calls in buoyoing.py, then the speed
is fast, and *REMAINS FAST* if I if them back in and reload.

Doing it the other way around, the speed remains slow.

So it's apparently what gets rendered *at first* that counts.

I hope you can kludge your way somehow by first rendering one scene
for startup. Hope this helps.

        Tuomas