gzz-dev

[Gzz] Thank you all

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Thank you all
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:17:44 +0200

Excellent work everyone. I never thought we could actually pull it through
submitting three articles of such high quality.

Next, we wait for the referee's report.

I want to prepare you for a possible disappointment by reminding
you that the referee process is often not quite what it should be:
I once had an article to a journal bounced because (quoting the referee)

        "I'm a pretty well-informed person and if I can't understand it,
        there must be something wrong with it"

        "The author confuses the two systems, A and B..."

when in fact the article was absolutely correct, it just started from
a higher level than the referee thought, and understood both A and B
well enough to combine them.

The next revision passed with flying colors.

        Tuomas