gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] RDF?

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] RDF?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:12:52 +0200

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:40:45PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas: What's your current thinking about RDF-- can it provide the
> lowest level for the structure you're aiming at? If so, would it make
> sense for me to write a PEG proposing to use it (could we accept that
> now)? I'd like to start thinking about the API to use so that
> implementation can start soon.

I have to say I'm not 100% sure yet either way.

While RDF looks very promising and is standard and has a reasonable
data model, there's a really big downfall:

versioning.

The RDF sequences are specified by the properties rdf:_1, rdf:_2, ...
which means that an insertion to a sequence will have use remove and add
a LOT of tuples.

If we can handle this, should be ok.

        Tuomas