gzz-dev

Re: RDF merge (Re: [Gzz] PR)

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: RDF merge (Re: [Gzz] PR)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:38:50 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > I think with simple NTriples syntax it could actually be reasonable to
> > resolve these manually in the infrequent cases where they occur...
>
> I agree - the really important thing here is that we *CAN* do that since
> thing would be rather more comprehensible than with the earlier gzz stuff.

I wouldn't think manually resolving CVS conflicts is ever reasonable. CVS
knows nothing about the file format in question; I presume that inserting
RDF triple lines into a list in alphabetical order would result in high
propability of two edits occuring next to each other.

> > >As long as we save into CVS, we will have some kind of conflict problems,
> > >I think. But how far are we from using Mediaserver architecture again?
> >
> > That wouldn't solve the problem: we'd still have conflicts and would
> > still have to deal with them!
>
> Indeed.

We would solve the problem of CVS messing up our files with its horrible
conflict syntax.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden