gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Images with AWT

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Images with AWT
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:27:41 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > Which parts of the OpenGL code should be mirrored in awt?
>
> GLSpanner, mostly.

So org/fenfire/util/Spanner?

> > What kind of applications? How should this be resolved?
>
> PP, for now.

PP will run on AWT again? Does it at the moment? That would help the task,
in addition to having rest of the framework in place (working in GL, I
suppose?).

Should putting all code to the new CVS modules work? libvob doesn't seem
to contain ImageVob.

Then there's - incomplete it seems - gzz/view/CellImageVob and
gzz/view/ImageCellContentView. Plus all the span stuff, we should probably
use alph/org/nongnu/alph/ImageSpan?

How does Matti's new proposal affect the organisation considering this
task?

> Having fixed zoom size steps, I think, drawing extra borders else.

We can crop borders as well, at least during animation. As PP images
remain constant for long perioids in time, we could render at the exact
zoom level when time permits.

Do you think it would make sense to optimise PP using Graphics2D? I don't
know if it's supported under Kaffe.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden