gzz-dev

[Gzz] Fenfire WWW

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: [Gzz] Fenfire WWW
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:27:32 +0300 (EEST)

Before we get any content at fenfire.org, maybe we should plan the
structure. First I hoped we wouldn't need to add the generated pages to
CVS, but it seems we can't use an autobuilder like with himalia?

At the moment we can keep the documentation from subprojects in fenfire
CVS, but should we plan it so that some parts can be moved away?

When new visitors come to fenfire.org, I suppose they expect to learn what
Fenfire is: our vision, current state, downloadable software, screenshots,
user documentation. I think we should promote subprojects here as well,
giving a description for each: their vision, their part in Fenfire, their
usefulness outside Fenfire.

Project news are nice at the front page, but I hope we could do with a
short status report instead of a long list of news like gzz.info, and have
the news list as another page.

The main sections of the site could then be:
* Fenfire - short status report, introduction to the vision
* Vision - explanation of what we plan Fenfire to become
* Status - what are we tackling at the moment, what's working, roadmap
* Subprojects - explanation of subprojects, relations between them
* Screenshots - pictures of our main features and applications
* Downloads - Links to currently usable software
* Documentation - list of articles, user documentation, developer info,
                  history

The classification could be fuzzier and pages more granular, if we can get
navidoc to produce navigation maps in time.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden