gzz-dev

[Gzz] Finally using GISP

From: b . fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Finally using GISP
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:49:18 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Daishi--

just wanted to drop a note that we've finally incorporated GISP in
'real' code that we hope to put into use soon. We've successfully used
GISP to find a file ("block" in our terminology) on another computer,
then transfer it through HTTP. Great success, to us ;-)

We'll be installing a permanent GISP peer on one of our machines, which
can be used to retrieve blocks from our network through HTTP. We're
currently working on an application, FenPDF, which allows reading PDF
and PS files and making links between them; we hope to incorporate P2P
functionality soon to find links made by others on the network.

Our code is accessible from http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/storm if
you're interested, btw.

Thank you for programming GISP!
- Benja