gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG cursors--humppake: Changing mouse cursor
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:49:01 +0300

> - Where are the mouse cursor ID mappings located?
>
>       RESOLVED: Mouse cursor constants are described with AWT values as
> default
>         in ``org.nongnu.libvob.GraphicsAPI``. For GL implementation those
>         mappings must be overwritten into
>       ``org.nongnu.libvob.impl.gl.GLAPI``.

Urgh - see below.

> - What is the available set of mouse cursors?
>
>       RESOLVED: The set of available mouse cursors is the interserction
> of
>         Xlib and AWT mouse cursors sets:
>
>       -
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/awt/Cursor.html
>         - http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/appendix/b/

Ouch - please, some way of making it possible to use any GL feature
in GL. We don't do lowest common denom without allowing a workaround.

We could actually even use string arguments
since it's not *that* innest loop...

> - Should we use our own custom cursors?
>
>       RESOLVED: Not yet. Probably we would like to use also our own
>         custom cursors in the future, but at first it is more relevant
>         to get at least changing of default system cursors work.
>
>       NOTE: In Java, Toolkit.createCustomCursor is available since
>         JDK 1.2. How custom cursor could be used efficiently in GL?

X allows it by createfont &c.

> Changes
> =======
>
> Java
> ----
>
> Into ``org.nongnu.libvob.GraphicsAPI``::
>
>     /** Available mouse cursor, set after AWT by default, must
>      * be overwritten in GL.
>      */
>     public static int CROSSHAIR_CURSOR = Cursor.CROSSHAIR_CURSOR;
>     public static int DEFAULT_CURSOR = Cursor.DEFAULT_CURSOR;
>     public static int E_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.E_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int HAND_CURSOR = Cursor.HAND_CURSOR;
>     public static int MOVE_CURSOR = Cursor.MOVE_CURSOR;
>     public static int N_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.N_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int NE_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.NE_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int NW_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.NW_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int S_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.S_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int SE_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.SE_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int SW_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.SW_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int TEXT_CURSOR = Cursor.TEXT_CURSOR;
>     public static int W_RESIZE_CURSOR = Cursor.W_RESIZE_CURSOR;
>     public static int WAIT_CURSOR = Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR;

ISSUE:
Urrrrgh, please not overwriting like this. Could we just agree to use
the Awt cursor class constants?

> Into ``org.nongnu.libvob.GraphicsAPI.Window``::
>
>     /** Sets the mouse cursors shape.
>      */
>     void setCursor(int shape);

How about String shape?