gzz-dev

[Gzz] STORM status

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: [Gzz] STORM status
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:15:17 +0300 (EEST)

List of STORM tasks per yesterday's discussion:
* make STORM work with port forwarding. I think it works for antont at the
  moment as he's hacked the peer machine to report the wanted IP address.
  Remote peers should take message sender's address from UDP headers and
  not from GISP payload.

* add block publishing support to HTTPProxy as a POST request. We could
  want some additional operations working through HTML forms as well, eg.
  block retrieval. Http-kit would need to support forms - should I add the
  needed code to HTTPURL and perhaps HTTPRequest?

* make a STORM proxy allowing a network inside a firewall to interoperate
  with a network outside the firewall. The proxy has to relay at least all
  traffic coming from the nodes outside the firewall.

Per today:
* The 30 min timeout bug is probably fixed.

* fix gateway to not crash when block list is requested and the peer
  isn't publishing a pool.

* fix peer to not crash if HTML files have links with newlines. The
  newlines should be converted to spaces.

* implement metadata fields for blocks and pointers. The metadata is to be
  kept in RDF blocks that refer to the data block. There should be a
  text search interface on the gateway.

* fix http-kit so that it always sends some response to requests. At the
  moment at least makeError seems to behave incorrectly.

* fix HTML backlink system so that the same link isn't shown several times
  or even in variations:
"""
Backlinks:
[the first STORM-imported version of Mouml;ykky]
[the first STORM-imported version of Möykky]
"""

Otherwise, pointers could work, and backlinks from HTML indexer could
work.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden