gzz-dev

[Gzz] new

From: Henry Morse
Subject: [Gzz] new
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:21:35 +0200

Briggss dignified equanimity was, outwardly at least, quiteunaffected by this outburst. To be honest, if there hadbeen only one he would most likely have had it before this. If that was all you forgot nobodyd ever notice the difference,he shouted. For the second time that day Kohath was pushed unceremoniously toone side. He picked up the cap from the floor and sattwisting it between his hands. He thought and planned, but each plan presented unsurmountabledifficulties. She said she didnt know but twould have been better ifshed been contented to remember it as it was. I have tried to think, but thinking hasnthelped me at all. The sarcasm slid by Kohath without touching him. He leaned back inhis desk chair, outwardly casual and serene, but inwardly alert andwatchful. We are allliable to get dissatisfied every now and again. Well, Small and Colton will stick it through with me, Ican tell you that. As father would have said, you were my sheetanchor, Captain Cummings. Capn Eleazir want by nomeans happy about the prospects. Make yourself comfortable, Capn, he said. So far as that goes, either couldfill the bill, I dont doubt. If that was all you forgot nobodyd ever notice the difference,he shouted. So far he had managed to keep the warfare under cover,hoping for and seeking a basis of compromise. And her husband, CapnEleazir, was president for eight years; was president when hedied. Therell be another ready the first of theyear and that isnt so far off. If you do I shouldnt be surprised if youchanged you mind. Shes queer and cranky andall that, but she does try hard to do her duty by Mary Brewster. We are allliable to get dissatisfied every now and again. A momentlater he realized it and ever since the realization had beengrowing. Fora month or more I have been wishing I were anything BUT that. I dont mean them; Imean folks outside the bank. Ill let the bank go plumb to the devilbefore Ill vote for any relation of Emma Bradleys. Lots of youngfellows would like to work in the bank. He had known and admired Mary Brewster since she was a girl. I told you to-daywas Wednesday and you vowed and declared twas Thursday. There were papers on that desk which neededattention, but he did not touch them. Who do you think youre slingin out that to? If you canget that place for me, Captain Cummings, I will take it. Make yourself comfortable, Capn, he said.