gzz-dev

[Gzz] egotistical

From: Howard Sweeney
Subject: [Gzz] egotistical
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:40:58 -0700

Baltazzo glanced at Elinor, whose _expression_ was vicious.
One more exampleof her endless duplicity.
Hehad never been for a moment under her charm, though she had imposed atfirst on his gentleness. Kisses the horsesgood-night before he goes to bed, I suppose.
He could make up his mind to leave Elinor, but hecould never have left her with the bag to hold.
She used her large dark eyes and mocking smile withgreat effect.
Was this a foundation uponwhich to rebuild his life?
Old Rizzo will answer if Im not in the room.
And, ifso, was he prepared to accept that alternative? All thearrangements for the bathe had been made by Virginia, who had rowed overfor them.
There was nothing that boredElinor so much as a passionate lover.
Bernasconi, agog with interest, wanted to know who he was. Without knowing it, apparently, she had hit on the weak point inRichards half-formed plan. The lady was Miss Frick, the American heiress. She was vaguely but spitefully resentful that thebathers had enjoyed themselves.
He managed to bring out at last:Im rather a wreck, Im afraid. As long as he could see her, and know she could not get away from him,he could be patient.
Imagine them in Englandmaking room for two strangers like this. Looking puzzled, he said sheepishly to Richard: She does really. If only he could believe in her andtrust her, would it be such a mistake to marry her? Walking aimlessly through the Galleria Umberto, he ran into CesareSismondo.
But, it suddenly occurred to him, supposing he had to remain the night?
I mean what you said about my going with you. Baltazzos guffaw, Titos giggle and Elinors toneless titter chorusedagain.
Will you allow my father to use that chair until I can secure a table?
She seemed to take a peculiar delight in springing freshsensations upon him. Richard thought he would; but how could he communicate with her after hehad seen his father?
I waited till thelast moment and then had to telephone for a carriage. Elinor promised with dignity, introducing him tothe principessa.
I was wondering howon earth I could get to talk to you. Laughter from the three at the end of the table saluted the innocentremark. Baltazzos thick lipcurled with contempt, but Elinor turned on him.
For, what else was his affair with Virginia but an intrigue,if regarded unequivocally?
It wouldnt be easy, but I will do it if you say yes. For this reason, if forno other, Richard knew that she would very soon be sick of him. It endedby her asking Richard to take them all up the lake in the motor-boat.
He has his stable at Chantilly, and sleeps overit since they poisoned his mare, Mayflower.
He paints pictures of all the beauties in England.