h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] Unit attribute versus non-dimensionless quantities

From: Pierre de Buyl
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] Unit attribute versus non-dimensionless quantities
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:28:35 +0200

Dear all,

For those interested in the compact storage layout for datasets, I added a
routine "create_compact_dataset" to pyh5md.utils. It was not possible, from what
I understand, to use the routines provided by h5py for dataset creation with a
compact storage layout.

Currently, pyh5md can store fixed-in-time boxes. This is currently the only use
case for compact storage layout in pyh5md. A box is used in example
"random_walk_1d.py".

Cheers,

Pierre