h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] box and observables

From: Felix Höfling
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] box and observables
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:44:05 +0200

Am 25.09.2013, 16:35 Uhr, schrieb Peter Colberg
<address@hidden>:

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:25:43PM +0200, Felix Höfling wrote:
This sentence is the essence of a really long discussion and we all
agreed on that. I'm convinced that this solution serves modularity
and simplicity w.r.t. reading and writing H5MD.

I have to disagree; I never agreed to this solution.

The H5MD spec had *one* box group:

/observables/box

That is what I agreed to. Not this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.simulation.h5md.user/101
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.simulation.h5md.user/108
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.simulation.h5md.user/114

If all the messages did not help to convince, then I can't prevent
further shifting around of the boxes. From my point of view, the
matter becomes simple, if one accepts that H5MD defines the
step/time dataset scheme to lookup values.

Peter

At least Pierre agreed and committed the change in 20f772b last December,
about a month after you refused any further discussion.

Felix