h5md-user

[h5md-user] proposal 100 - update

From: Pierre de Buyl
Subject: [h5md-user] proposal 100 - update
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 11:17:43 +0200

Hi all,

Here is an update on proposal 100 with code!

1. Felix added "Proposition to mix scalar datasets and attributes". Using
datasets actually makes more sense: else, one cannot store units in relation to
the time data. Using an offset attribute is more straightforward also than step0
and time0.

2. I propose to extend it by allowing

/step                    Dataset {4/Inf}
/time                    Dataset {SCALAR}
/value                   Dataset {4/Inf, 32, 3}

Then, time[i] = step[i]*time (I hope this is self-explaining, if not let me
know).

3. I attach code, "h5md_module.py" and "run.py" to test all possible cases.

I will shortly update the proposal.

Pierre