h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: static vs. dynamic H5MD elements

From: Hart, David Blaine
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: static vs. dynamic H5MD elements
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 16:04:44 +0000

I'll admit that I've had to re-read those terms more than once to make sure I
knew which was which, so I wouldn't mind seeing a change. But I also see
Pierre's point about confusion with physical quantities. What if we changed
just one of the terms, for example, from time-dependent to 'time-varying' or
from time-independent to 'time-invariant'. Only changing part of one of the
terms would make less impact on the specification history while still
clarifying the meaning.

- David Hart, Sandia National Laboratories, Geochemistry Dept., address@hidden