Re: [Health-dev] adding setup.py to medical

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] adding setup.py to medical
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:25:34 +0200

On 01/09/11 05:04 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> 2011/9/1 Cédric Krier <address@hidden>
>
> > On 31/08/11 22:02 -0500, zodman wrote:
> > > http://codereview.appspot.com/4968056
> >
> > I think also it will be good to create a repository/package per medical
> > module. This will allow to install only required modules and this is good
> > for
> > security/stability because even if the module is not activated in the
> > database
> > the code is any way loaded.
> >
> > Agree. Today I'm using a "profile" module (medical_profile) that loads a
> set of modules for the typical health center.
>
> I like to concept of profile because the end user does not need to know
> which modules or dependencies to install.

If you was using the setuptools of Python, it will not be a problem because
dependencies will be installed for free.

> He / She can just say, I need to
> install the functionality for "laboratory" or the "primary care center".

Exactly:

    pip install medical_lab

How could you make it simplier :-)

PS: it will be good to only reply to the mailing-list instead of TO me with
mailing-list in CC.
--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL