Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:04:12 -0300

Hi Ronald
I'm moving this to the development mailing list. Check my comments
below and let me know what you think

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> On 13 November 2011 19:27, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronald
>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>> > Good day,
>> > Is there a pre populated demo database for GNU Health 1.4.2?
>> We have started with proteus, but is not done yet.
>
> when do we expect it to be finished?  How does one contribute to building
> the demo database?
This will be an ongoing project...with the time it will get richer.
We have a "demo" directory on the source file. There is where we are
shaping up the information for the demo DB.
It's important to have a clear definition of the "base" demo system
for consistency. It's also good because then we can relate to those
characters in different situations, in demos and in trainings.
So, some points :
- Never use real data (always fictious names and info)
- The information should be valid for different cultures
- Health Center : We have created the "GNU Solidario Hospital" in Las
Palmas, Spain (of course does not exist in reality )
- Family : Betz family : John,  Ana and two kids.
- Ana : The main character. Born  4 October 1985 . She's policewoman
(school teacher is another possibility ). She has Type 1 Diabetes
since she was 9 years old. She has been on insuline treatment since
then and now she's using a insuline-pump with very good results. She
is allergic to penicillin, with a anaphylaxis episode when she was 4.
The picture I use of her is the one that is in most of the screenshots.
- I have created a family medicine doctor, "Cameron Cordara"

>From this point on, we have a lot of data to put
- More health centers
- Family members (aside from Ana ) information
- All the obstetric, perinatal and puerperium information of the two gravidas
- Family information (Family functionality, members, operational sectors... )
- Lifestyle
- Socioeconomics
- Imaging ( X-rays, CTs, MRIs.. )
- Genetic info / risks
- Surgeries
- Lab results
- Clinical history of the family

So, anyone that wants to contribute to the demo project is more than welcome !

Cheers

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health