Re: [Health-dev] Can't install GNUHealth

From: Craig Barnes
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Can't install GNUHealth
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 22:31:22 +0100

On 18 May 2012 03:05, Anousak Souphavanh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you all your kind attention:
>
> Here is info:
>
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx, on 64 bit machine, and on VirtualBox.
>
> address@hidden:~/his$ sudo ./configure
> [sudo] password for gnuhealth:
> checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.7... none
> configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found
>
> address@hidden:~/his$ python --version
> Python 2.6.5
>
> Could not figure why, since I have properly installed all mentioned under
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation
>
> Thanks all and waiting for youtr reply.
> Anousak

Hi Anousak,

It would appear that there are some difficulties with the configure file.

You can follow the preferred method of installing the software via the
instructions at the wiki [1].

Python Version 2.6 is what you have installed but that should be ok.

For what its worth I have python 2.7 installed and the configure broke
for me as well, but because my default python version is 3.2 and gnu
health / tryton is not compatible with that yet.

I will go see if there is a bug for the configure issue.

If you have any difficulties with the wiki instructions, let us know.

[1]
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Using_pip_to_install_GNU_Health

--
Craig

'The first time any man's freedom is trodden on - we are all damaged.'
Jean-Luc Picard
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\