Re: [Health-dev] Install GNU Health from source

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Install GNU Health from source
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 08:40:30 -0300

Hi Emilien !

Sorry for the late reply..

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Emilien Klein
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>

> 2012/11/14 Luis Falcon <address@hidden>
>>
>> Great !
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Emilien Klein <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hi Luis,
>> >
>> > You have updated the installation information [0] by adding the list
>> > of the dependencies, thanks! I'll try this out in the coming weeks and
>> > report back.
>
> OK, success at last! The error message displayed by Tryton when a dependency
> is misleading: imagine the following situation:
> module_c depends on module_b
> module_b depends on module_a
> module_c and module_b are installed, but not module_a
>
> The error message displayed will be:
> Exception: module_c unmet dependencies: ['module_b']
>
> But it won't indicate that module_a is in fact the missing dependency... I
> will open a bug report against Tryton for this, as this cost me a few weeks
> to figure out...
>
> So yes, I was able to install both Tryton and GNU Health from source, with
> the Tryton modules that GH depends on. FYI this is the list of modules that
> I've had to install:
>
>  account
>  account_invoice
>  account_product
>  calendar
>  company
>  country
>  currency
>  party
>  product
>
> A few corrections on the list of dependencies that you have put on the wiki:
> - account_product is listed twice
> - invoice is actually called account_invoice
> - company is missing from the list (account* depend on it)

Thanks ! Check if you can fix it on the Wiki !
> Another difference on what I had to do and what is on the wiki, is that I
> needed to install the python-webdav package.
>
> Also, I had to manually remove the health_qrcodes module after executing
> `make install`, since I wasn't able to find the python module that provides
> `qrcode`. Where did you get the Python module from?
>
> Last note: the install_man make target does return the following error
> (sorry, in French ;) )
> $ make install_man
> install -Dm 644 man/gnuhealth.1 /"/usr/share/man/man1"/gnuhealth.1
> install: impossible d'évaluer « man/gnuhealth.1 »: Aucun fichier ou dossier
> de ce type
> make: *** [install_man] Erreur 1
>
> There is no file man/gnuhealth.1 in the tarball. I've looked in the tarball
> for several 1.6.X, 1.4.X and 1.3.X but couldn't find a `man` folder. Might
> you have forgotten to include it?
The man folder is under the main health module . But we need to fix
the Makefile to health/man instead of man in 1.8
If you can open a bug on Savannah for this, it would be great !

> I will send a mail to the list with the exact steps I performed to get at
> this point, it might help others that are trying to do the same. And then I
> can start on the packaging for Debian...
>

>> P.S.: Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed to this list. I hadn't seen
>> your last answer ;)
>>
>> Oops. Thougth you were :-) Good to see that you got the message anyways !
>
> I've just subscribed to the -dev mailing list, so now it's not necessary to
> CC me anymore ;)
Great :-)
Please make sure you subscribe to the general list also
(address@hidden) for non-development issues.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon