Re: [Health-dev] Inheriting inherited views?

From: Hannah Sun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Inheriting inherited views?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:26:21 +0800

Hi!
I also tried hiding the socioeconomics module with this code:
    <record model="ir.ui.view" id="gnuhealth_patient_form_mycustomview">
            <field name="model">gnuhealth.patient</field>
            <field name="inherit" ref="health.gnuhealth_patient_view_form"/>
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <![CDATA[
                    <data>
                        <xpath
                            expr="/form/notebook/address@hidden&quot;page_socioeconomics&quot;]"
                            position="replace_attributes">
<page string="Socioeconomics" id="page_socioeconomics"
states="{'invisible': True}"/>
                        </xpath>
                    </data>
                ]]>
            </field>
        </record>
But I also have the same error that chrislene gets,    AttributeError: Couldn't find tag (xpath: /form/notebook/address@hidden"page_
socioeconomics"]) in parent view

It seems that it can't find the page (socioeconomics) in the parent view.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Chrislene

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Chrislene Legaspina
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis
>
> I can't make it work because of this error: "Couldn't find tag (xpath:
> /form/notebook/address@hidden"page_socioeconomics"]) in parent view".

It should work. Did you inherit the view ? I just checked and it works fine.

> To answer your question, it is requested by the local hospital clinic doctor
> who we communicate with as client for this health information system
> project, that we should temporarily hide the socioeconomics tab along with
> other features. This is because most of the health clinic employees are
> computer illiterate and if ever the system is deployed to their clinic it
> may take a lot of time of getting used to. Once the employees have become
> familiar with the system, we could have these hidden features back.
If you don't have data in the system, then the best bet would be to do
an install without using the health_profile module, and choose only
the modules that you want/need at this stage.

If you already have data, then the above solution (inheriting and
replacing the page in your own module's view will work).

Regards,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health