Re: [Health-dev] postgres username

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] postgres username
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:26:38 -0300

Hi Kaushik

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Kaushik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>    While installing GNUHealth we are creating a user named GNUHealth.  Can I
> provide any name here or should this name be the same name as the unix login
> username.
Postgres has many authentication methods. Although you can create the
pg user with anyname, it's easier to manage using the same name as the
gnuhealth operating system user (ident authentication ). This user
(gnuhealth) will be the one who runs the tryton server .

My advice at this point it to set up the DB user the way we have it on
the wiki. It will save you a couple of headaches :-)

--
Luis Falcon
President, GNU Solidario