Re: [Health-dev] gnuhealth 1.8.1 Exception: Module health_services not f

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] gnuhealth 1.8.1 Exception: Module health_services not found
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:23:04 -0300

Hi Shakthi

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Shakthi Kannan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> --- On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Luis Falcon
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> | Release 2.0.0 will be out tomorrow.  The script is called
> | "gnuhealth_install.sh" . You can see the development version at the
> | tip.
> \--
>
> Thanks!
>
> I see that the script uses PIP to fetch the packages. The dependencies
> are already available in Fedora, and they needn't be downloaded
> manually when used with a distribution.

The main idea behind gnuhealth_install is to be able to install the
system in any OS, and be "independent" from packages and versions. I
wrote the installer to avoid installation issues coming from different
distros and Operating Systems. Of course, this is a starting point
with the installer, so we'll be polishing with time :-)

> From a packaging perspective, BASEDIR, TRYTOND_DIR, MODULES_DIR need
> to be system-wide. Moreover, if we need to ship it in Fedora, we need
> to adhere to the Fedora packaging guidelines [1].
Be our guest ! Any distro can package GNU Health in the way it fits
them best. Additionally the end user will have the choice of using the
gnu health installer and have everything under $HOME.

> Of course, the users can choose whichever method they wish to deploy.
> I'll try to keep the .spec changes as close to gnuhealth_install.sh
> steps as possible.

Thanks a lot for your contributions !

--
Luis Falcon