Re: [Health-dev] Customizing the UI

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Customizing the UI
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:32:21 -0300

Hi Kaushik
On 23/07/2013 04:42, Kaushik wrote:
> Hi,
>      We would like to change the UI - remove some of the fields and add
> new fields. Are these change easy to make?
Sure, you should be able to do these modifications without a problem.
A couple of tips :
* __Never__ touch the base code. You can break the system, plus a newer
version will overwrite your changes. Insead, create your own module,
inherit the model and views and make the modifications there.
* Try not do delete fields from the model, you can just hide them if you
don't use them

> Would the UI automatically readjust itself and look fine? Or would there
> be issues with alignment etc that need to be dealt with?
> Thanks
It depends on how many fields and changes you make. But have complete
control on the position of the fields.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon