Re: [Health-dev] Patient evaluation workflow

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Patient evaluation workflow
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:18:49 -0300

Hi Andrew !
On 29/07/2013 16:48, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello GNU Health Team
>
> A typical patient evaluation for a new problem might be:
>

> Patient describes new signs and symptoms
> Physician examines patient (all
> relevant body systems)
> Vital signs etc measured and recorded
> Physician reviews
> social and family history
> Presumptive diagnosis made
> New investigation(s)
> ordered (Lab, Imaging)
> New prescription(s) written
> Referral to other clinician
> made eg Physiotherapy
> Draft care plan created
>
> It would be very useful if all
> these functions could
> be provided by adjacent TABS on the main patient
> evaluation
> screen.

We pretty much have that covered
Health -> Patients -> Evaluation Shortcuts

> The next patient visit might be for an "evaluation review"
>
> or progress report.
>
> Might it be possible to "link" related evaluations to a
>
> particular diagnosis/problem?
Good point.

At the end of each evaluation, GNU Health allows you to enter the next
appointment. If we create the appointment from there, then it could take
the current evaluation ID and place it as the "parent" for the next
appointment.

We can do the same when we derive the patient to another professional.

If find this particularly useful in acute or sub-acute conditions, where
we can evaluate the evolution.

For chronic conditions, we already have the "Periodic control" type of
evaluation.

> Should different "Types" of evaluation be
> created,
> new problem, review problem, annual health check etc.
We have the Evaluation Type field already, but "New" and "Review" can be
added.

> Healthcare is
> VERY complex isn't it!
That what makes it fun ! :-)