Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health at system start

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health at system start
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:39:03 +0200

Hi Kaushik,

2013/8/5 Kaushik <address@hidden>
Hi Luis and everyone,
          If you look at [0] below, it assumes gnuhealth installer to have created some files in the system wide directories. However, that doesnt seem to be the case with the current installer.

DAEMON="/usr/bin/trytond"
PIDDIR="/var/run/${NAME}"
PIDFILE="${PIDDIR}/${NAME}.pid"
LOGFILE="/var/log/gnuhealth/${NAME}.log"
DEFAULTS="/etc/default/gnuhealth-server"
CONFIGFILE="/etc/gnuhealth/${NAME}.conf"

As I mentioned, there's a little bit that's dependent on the layout of the Debian package. Those locations is where the Debian package for Tryton and GNU Health are placing their stuff, if you've followed the "install from the release tarball" instructions the executables and config files will be located at other places.

The CONFIGFILE, DEFAULTS above do not exist. I assume they should be created  by the GNU Health 2.0 installer script.
Also, the above suggests trytond goes in /usr/bin/trytond.  However trytond is installed in the user directory.

Is it ok if all of GNU Health files are in the user directory?  Should I create the files /etc/gnuhealth and /etc/default/gnuhealth-server?.

No. Better to update the paths in the init script to where the stuff is installed on your local machine.

Thanks
Kaushik