Re: [Health-dev] Health Services / Invoice Error + Workflow request

From: Allan Sta. Cruz
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Health Services / Invoice Error + Workflow request
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:24:07 +0800

Hi Everyone,

We've just started tinkering with GNU Health and looking into it as an option for implementation in some hospitals and we've hit on a few roadblocks during the first phases of trying it out. Here's the workflow we have followed so far that resulted in our current issues:

1. Followed the installation procedures at the wiki page http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation (we managed to install it without much problems and is already accessible without problems).
2. Installed the basic GNU modules for testing and usage
3. Added a new Patient Record (is it possible to add new fields to these health modules without modifying too much code, by the way? We're trying to minimize customizing the codebase itself and adding new modules so we're wondering if there's a less complicated way to do it...)
4. Evaluated the Patient
5. Admitted the Patient and created its Hospitalization record - in this section we placed products that the Patient 'used' (a hospital bed and some sample medication data). There's also an alternative method where we created an Appointment Record and directly placed the Patient on Hospitalization (see #7)
6. Discharged the Patient from Hospitalization
7. Created the Health Service record for this Patient / Appointment (through the Health Services module) - checking the 'Invoice' checkbox doesn't seem to make it appear on the Tryton Financial > Invoices module (though we had been told that if we do that it would automatically appear there as an Invoice record, so we tried to continue the process at #8)
8. Via the Health Services Actions, we tried to create the Health Service Invoice and hit our first error: "there is no account expense/revenue defined on the category Hospital Assets (3)"
9. In an attempt to correct the problem, we navigated to said Hospital Assets record in the Tryton Product > Products module and added an Account Revenue / Account Expense value for the Hospital Assets record.
10. After attempting to recreate the Health Service invoice, we hit our final roadblock:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 123, in _marshaled_dispatch
    response['result'] = dispatch_method(method, params)
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 156, in _dispatch
    res = dispatch(*args)
  File "/trytond/protocols/dispatcher.py", line 158, in dispatch
    result = rpc.result(meth(*args, **kwargs))
  File "/trytond/wizard/wizard.py", line 261, in execute
    return wizard._execute(state_name)
  File "/trytond/wizard/wizard.py", line 292, in _execute
    result = self._execute(transition())
  File "/trytond/modules/health_services/wizard/wizard_health_services.py", line 100, in transition_create_service_invoice
    Invoice.create(invoices)
  File "/trytond/model/modelsql.py", line 269, in create
    upd2.append(FIELDS[field._type].sql_format(value))
  File "/trytond/backend/fields.py", line 172, in sql_format
    assert value is not False
AssertionError

We'd appreciate any assistance regarding this matter. We're just starting out on feeling the ropes of GNU Health and believe it has great potential as a Hospital Management System. In that light as well, may we ask for any references or workflow for starters regarding putting up the entire GNU System post-installation? We've been trying to follow the 'after installation' steps in the wiki but sadly they're not as comprehensive as we had anticipated.

Thanks, and looking forward to your response :)

Regards,

Allan Sta. Cruz