Re: [Health-dev] HL7 support in GNU Health

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] HL7 support in GNU Health
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:16:02 +0200

By the way, in case you haven't encountered it yet, there is a Python HL7 library available [0], which is also packaged in the PyPi [1].
It has unfortunately not had much development in the last 1.5 year, a few people (including me) have tried to improve on a fork of it but it hasn't been merged yet [2] (pull request got closed by the request creator, after no activity from the original developer).
At this point I would recommend using this fork of the library [3], which provides quite some improvements to more fully support the structure of HL7.

    +Emilien

[0] https://github.com/johnpaulett/python-hl7
[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hl7
[2] https://github.com/johnpaulett/python-hl7/pull/1