Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacture

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health product pack size, pack unit and manufacturer
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:55:52 +0000

Hi Andrew !
On 19/11/13 14:41, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Luis and GNU Health team
>
> Is it possible to record product pack size/pack
> unit/manufacturer etc as separate data elements in GNU health?

The drug/medicament model inherits the product , so it has the basic
information about
- Manufacturer information
- Accounting
- Measurements
- ...

Then we add extra information related to the drug
- Presentation form
- Indications
-

For expiry date, and pack size we will inherit the Lot Management [1]
functionality of stock_lot . That would, for example, replace the
expiration date that we have in the vaccine model, and would take it
automatically.

I hope I answered your question, but I might have misunderstood you :)

[1] http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/LotManagement

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org